Where do I get my Income Statement / Payment Summary / Group Certificate ? [July 2019 update]

Your Income Statement is accessed via myGov.

With the introduction of Single Touch Payroll payment summaries (previously known as group certificates) and now called Income Statements will no longer be directly provided by your employer.  STP removes the requirement for payment summaries altogether – a change that may take some getting used to.

Your end-of-year payment summary, now called an Income Statement, is published directly through myGov.  This will be prepared and ready for employees by 14 July. 

If you're doing your own tax return via myTax, your income statement details will be pre-filled into your return, along with other information from health funds, banks, and any government payments.

If you're using a tax agent to complete your tax return, they use their own software which is also able to access your pre-fill information including your income statement.


You access your Employment Income Statement (the new name for Payment Summaries) if you require one from the ATO myGov system:

  • Access my.gov.au and then the “ATO Online” system & download from there.
  • If you don'y yet have a myGov account you'll need to set up a new account.
  • It is not compulsory to have a myGov account. However, if you want to access your ATO Online provided information throughout the year you will need one.

  • You can also phone the ATO on 13 28 61 for help / access.