If you have engaged Standard Ledger to process your payroll for you, we:
- will have completed the initial setup of your payroll using the information provided by you, including auto-superannuation payment processing
- will process payroll according to the payroll processing dates we have agreed. Note that we do not process the actual payments to employees. Companies typically either have standardised, regular payments and set these up as recurring payment via their Internet Banking or, if there are varying payments each payroll (especially where there are casual staff), we will send the details including an ABA file containing the payments to be made to the authorised company representative.
- will process superannuation payments quarterly and advise you of the payments due. You will receive an SMS text containing an authorisation code as the final release of funds direct debited from your nominated account. See Authorising Superannuation Payment batches for more information.
- will advise of the PAYG withholding (that is the tax you're holding back from employe's pay) as part of processing your quarterly BAS or monthly IAS (if we've engaged to do this)
- will process EOFY payroll summaries for employees to access via myGov
You as employer need to:
- approve employee timesheets for any casuals in a timely manner in accordance with the payroll processing cycle so they can be included
- process employee payments
- authorize superannuation payments for dispersal to your employees nominated super funds
- pay the ATO any amounts due for PAYG withholding
- ensure you have workers compensation insurance in place ... for each state you have employees
- register for and pay any payroll tax amounts due (this varies state-by-state when your payroll exceeds a certain limit). You are, generally, required to self-assess your payroll tax liability and pay on a monthly basis and then submit an annual reconciliation at the end of each financial year.
- advise us of any new employees
- advise us of any changes to employee details including when employees are leaving
You should also review:
- Payroll - Information for employees that we send to all new employees as they are added to the payroll
If you have any specific queries relating to your pay, you can send these through to Standard Ledger via firstname.lastname@example.org.