Detailed information on how we provide our bookkeeping services to our clients that are receiving a full-service (Launch, Go, Grow) bookkeeping service.
Our startup bookkeeping service is aimed at providing you a timely, accurate service ... on a weekly basis.
When you join Standard Ledger, we'll confirm which day of the week we'll be processing your books (typically Wednesday/Thursday/Friday so you've got an up to date position for the following week), and who your contact people are.
Note that while we may review any submissions you've done or queries you may have raised during the week, this is not guaranteed.
What we need from you
- During the week you should submit any invoices/receipts or expenses via the Receipt Bank App or email service.
- We recommend that you login to Xero ideally weekly (after our processing has been complete) and a) review/respond to any queries we have raised; b) review any payables that may be due; and c) review any customer invoices that are overdue and which you could follow up for collection
- When we send your weekly update email please reply with answers to any queries we have raised about your books
- Each month, we also recommend that you login to Xero and review the P&L and Balance Sheet reports at a minimum as well as any Actual vs Budget reporting you may have in place.
What we do
On your nominated processing day, we'll a) review all invoices and receipts sent through Receipt Bank b) review all bank account transactions; and c) raise any queries we may need clarification for.
- Note that there may be times when receipts have been submitted into Receipt Bank by you that do not immediately appear in Xero ... until our next weekly processing cycle
- We will raise any bank transaction queries directly within Xero, using the Discuss tab, and ask that you respond through this same tab so we can allocate
- Each week, you will receive a weekly email update from one of senior accountants or Account Managers Customer Service Manager - this will highlight that we've completed your processing and whether there are any queries we need a response on.
If you have any questions please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will respond. You may also want to check out our asking a question FAQ.
- We can only maintain your books if we have information back from you on a timely basis. This means that when we've asked for you input on any particular transactions, we'll need a response to this to finalise the treatment.
- We sometimes get asked where our bookkeepers are based. In order to provide a start-up friendly cost-effective price we use offshore bookkeepers, based in Manila, for our core bookkeeping service. We have consciously chosen to partner with larger firm(s) to ensure a high quality of service. While, technically, this is a outsourced function, we prefer to simply think about them as part of our extended team and are actively involved in staff development because people matter to us. Our Account Managers are based in Australia.